Ohio Hardwood Furniture is seeking to fill a sales associate position at our new Richfield location. This position offers applicants the opportunity to get a start in the design industry and use their creativity to provide focused, insightful design solutions for primarily residential clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working our retail showroom, providing valuable information to assist customers in making informed buying decisions.
- Assisting clients with the selection of fabric, stain colors, hardware selection and other custom options.
- Assisting with merchandising and showroom layout to ensure a fresh, vibrant atmosphere.
- Creating detailed room plans for clients using our room planning software.
- Working directly with sales representatives to ensure we are up-to-date on new product offerings and options available from our various vendors.
- Learning about best manufacturing practices of both solid wood and upholstered furniture.
- Going on house calls to measure client spaces and gain insight into client functional and aesthetic needs.
- Using insight gained on house calls to recommend furniture pieces and present to clients in a way that is coherent and well thought through.
Qualifications for the position include an eagerness to learn, patience in working with clients, and, crucially, a genuine interest in design. Applicants will need to have strong writing skills and the ability to quickly process the needs of customers and come up with valuable solutions for customers. A bachelor's or associate's degree is preferred.